Skip to main content

In a bit of a quandary

I am in a bit of a quandary tonight. This morning I was just doing my thing, minding my own business, going to tennis with little man when out of the blue came a call from a business associate from many ages ago. He is looking for someone to do a little project management on a temporary basis and is in need of someone yesterday for two or three projects.

Based upon our conversation he is looking for the person to set their own hours, so I could work 2 hours every day, 3 hours every other day etc. You get the gist. I just have a sinking feeling that 6 hours could turn into 20 and 20 into 30. I like how our days go now, I love being here for the kids and all of their activities.

I am scared because this isn't something that I was looking for right now. What if I am rusty and I have lost my pain in the butt charm when it comes to details and timelines? The only big thing I've managed lately was that Turkey thing at the school and the target audience was primarily ten and under.

The other worry is the whole compensation thing. I am completely lost, what do you ask for? What is fair? I must admit I am interested in supplementing my tennis habit for the rest of the season...sigh. Plus we could pay off the Spring Break trip to Mexico before we hit the beach.

I have a call with the associate in the a.m. to go over their pitch. Kick the tires a bit. So, I need to get some sleep before my mush brain must be used for something other than answering, "Where are my shoes?" and "Why did God make mushrooms? They are icky."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b...

Wild world

This past week or so has been a blur - We went to Iowa for a tournament - girls did fine - think that they got 3rd overall. Will meet up with the teams again when we go to Kansas in March. Got home from Des Moines @ 6pm Sunday, was at the airport by 8am Monday. Off to Kansas City for a training class, actually am really excited to be selected for this, it is "High Performing Managers" and there are only 15 people per class. I about choked the first day when they said that the company is making an investment in us - $15K each. I think that is more than I spent on my entire college education - wow. Got home Thursday @ 10:30pm went to work Friday, and then had a busy weekend. By Monday thought I was seriously having an aneurysm - ALL last week felt like someone was trying to put a stake through the back of my head and really couldn't focus at all. Think that the plane ride back to MN did me in. So went to Dr. who scheduled a MRI for yesterday a.m. Really kinda scared me to t...

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma...