Skip to main content

C is for cookie...and Carey

My fellow blogger, girlfriend, former roommate, working mom, freelancer extraordinaire Carey wrote a little blog about her cookie woes last week. She remembered chocolate chip cookies I used to bake in college, which I have not unfortunately made that often - I have been on more of a Peanut Butter cookie kick the past decade - I do make a wicked PB cookie.

After looking through various places where I squirrel stuff away to no avail I have come to the conclusion that the only cookie recipe I ever used was the good ol' American standby: Original Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

So Carey - give it another go. It is all about taste, like I said maybe I will be there next week and we can try it out together.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Carey -
Nikki, here...Wanted to back Susan up on the Nestle Tollhouse (say it like Phoebe on "Friends") recipe. The back of the bag of any kind of chips is always the best (like M&M and Vanilla chips, too). I swear that the trick is to pull them out before they are "done" and to use a good pan. And if you have no self control around fresh baked cookies, store them in the freezer and only take a couple out at a time. NUUUUUUUM! (I don't consider myself a good cook, but damn, do I make a good cookie!). Poo... now I'm hungry and it's 8:45.
carey said…
ok, girls. i will try. real butter. lots of chips. nestle recipe. not quite done.

or perhaps i just buy then already formed in little circles that you pop on a cookie sheet? they are on sale for 2.38 at wal-mart....
Karen said…
Oh, yes! Not quite done is key! Can't believe I forgot that one. I do two minutes less than whatever the recipe says. Thanks, Nikki.

Susan--you had no recipe. I remember distinctly that we sat in awe and watched you throw what seemed to be random amounts of random ingredients into the bowl, and then you did some magic thing that made them the most amazing cookies on earth.
K~ said…
Yum. K~
Chris said…
Susan, you said yo made them from scratch back in college?! I'm with Karen.

Popular posts from this blog

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b...

Wild world

This past week or so has been a blur - We went to Iowa for a tournament - girls did fine - think that they got 3rd overall. Will meet up with the teams again when we go to Kansas in March. Got home from Des Moines @ 6pm Sunday, was at the airport by 8am Monday. Off to Kansas City for a training class, actually am really excited to be selected for this, it is "High Performing Managers" and there are only 15 people per class. I about choked the first day when they said that the company is making an investment in us - $15K each. I think that is more than I spent on my entire college education - wow. Got home Thursday @ 10:30pm went to work Friday, and then had a busy weekend. By Monday thought I was seriously having an aneurysm - ALL last week felt like someone was trying to put a stake through the back of my head and really couldn't focus at all. Think that the plane ride back to MN did me in. So went to Dr. who scheduled a MRI for yesterday a.m. Really kinda scared me to t...

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma...