Skip to main content

Math or Mass

AE received her 1st "letter grade" report card today - all went really, really well. It seems like our daughter has connected with her teacher and everything has clicked.

Like every other year I asked her what her favorite subject was and she answered, "Remember that one time when you asked me in kindergarten?"

Yes, AE I remember.

AE attended a parochial school here in Maple Grove and wasn't really thrilled with her school, her teacher, the uniform...I could go on and on...

After listening to her daily litany of complaints I asked, "Is there anything you like about school?"

I got the look that said, "Mom, you CANNOT be serious, there is NOTHING I like."

"You have to have a favorite subject right?" I probed. "What is your favorite subject?"

She sat there and finally said, "Yeah I like MASS." The school attended daily mass - it was a Catholic school and that's what they do.

"Oh, good. I am so glad you like MATH. Mommy is really bad at MATH, so it's good you like it."

"No mommy, I didn't say MATH. I don't like MATH. I like MASS."

"Not MATH?" I asked. "What was it again?"

"MASS. You know MASS." she started to speak slower, so her slow mom could get it.

"MAA-AAASSSSSS." She spoke it with the same accent as a Southern belle, so it came out even better.

Needless to say, I didn't ask her to repeat it again.

All I have to say is thank goodness her favorite subject is now science.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b...

Wild world

This past week or so has been a blur - We went to Iowa for a tournament - girls did fine - think that they got 3rd overall. Will meet up with the teams again when we go to Kansas in March. Got home from Des Moines @ 6pm Sunday, was at the airport by 8am Monday. Off to Kansas City for a training class, actually am really excited to be selected for this, it is "High Performing Managers" and there are only 15 people per class. I about choked the first day when they said that the company is making an investment in us - $15K each. I think that is more than I spent on my entire college education - wow. Got home Thursday @ 10:30pm went to work Friday, and then had a busy weekend. By Monday thought I was seriously having an aneurysm - ALL last week felt like someone was trying to put a stake through the back of my head and really couldn't focus at all. Think that the plane ride back to MN did me in. So went to Dr. who scheduled a MRI for yesterday a.m. Really kinda scared me to t...

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma...