Skip to main content

We have not fallen off the face of the earth

Just have been extremely crazy right now - kids had the last week of Kidstop and my mom will be here this week to hang out with them, then next week we are off to Gull Lake, then school starts. 

I know like a lot of you we have been watching the Olympics every night - I am kinda sad that the Michael Phelps show has come to an end. JG is obsessed. 

Let's see some of the funnies from this week: 

Last night JG informed me that he "accidentally" set up a fort in the basement after I requested that we leave it be for the night. When I asked how this could have happened he told me, "I not know, it was just there."

JG's other hit for the week: 

We have located the long lost GameBoy and JG has been playing with a vengeance each night after he comes in from running amok with the neighborhood boys. Dan asked JG to go upstairs and get in the shower before bed, JG ran upstairs with the GameBoy. 

Dan went to check on him when he heard JG screaming in the shower. When Dan opened the door he found JG on the floor of the shower sitting there playing his GameBoy and complaining that Mario's head was spinning in the wrong direction - caused by water in the game. 

Needless to say the GameBoy dried out after many tears and an lesson in why it is not a good idea to take handheld electronics into the shower... sigh.

Comments

carey said…
dang. i'm all for drowning mario. i love it when jace loses his gameboy. sometimes i even "lose" it for him :)
Karen said…
Classic JG. That boy is part Calvin and part Dennis.

We thought of you as we flew over the Cities. We guessed where your house might be and sang a little Manamana in your honor.
K~ said…
That would be S at our house. He likes to just to just discover how stuff works for himself. K~
K~ said…
Oh, How was Gull Lake? K~

Popular posts from this blog

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b...

Wild world

This past week or so has been a blur - We went to Iowa for a tournament - girls did fine - think that they got 3rd overall. Will meet up with the teams again when we go to Kansas in March. Got home from Des Moines @ 6pm Sunday, was at the airport by 8am Monday. Off to Kansas City for a training class, actually am really excited to be selected for this, it is "High Performing Managers" and there are only 15 people per class. I about choked the first day when they said that the company is making an investment in us - $15K each. I think that is more than I spent on my entire college education - wow. Got home Thursday @ 10:30pm went to work Friday, and then had a busy weekend. By Monday thought I was seriously having an aneurysm - ALL last week felt like someone was trying to put a stake through the back of my head and really couldn't focus at all. Think that the plane ride back to MN did me in. So went to Dr. who scheduled a MRI for yesterday a.m. Really kinda scared me to t...

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma...