Skip to main content

86 years young

We Schmidts went through the drive thru at Starbucks last week and had another try at the "guess what we ordered" game. For some reason everytime I go through the drive thru lately it is seriously like a crap shoot as to what I will end up with for a beverage.

It is as if they spin the beverage roulette wheel to see what the caffeine deprived mother will receive today in the Starbucks Showcase Showdown. They must watch out their little window to see how long it will take for the mom in the minivan with 4 screaming kids singing High School Musical for the billionth time to realize she did not get her proper dose of espresso to make it through the day. Then the peeved mother must turn around and enter the line again because she refuses to bring FOUR SCREAMING CHILDREN into the Starbucks to correct the drink order she wanted to expedite by entering the drive thru in the first place so she WOULD NOT have to enter Starbucks with screaming children...

To give the 14 year old taking my order the benefit of the doubt, I am beginning to think my results may have something to do with the small person in the backseat yelling, "I WANT COFFEE CAKE" at the top of his lungs. It must make it difficult for the pre-teen taking my order to hear that I would like a 2 sugar grande latte with a Pterodactyl screaming from his car seat.

Last Friday was no different. While we were waiting in the car for the right order, little man asked why the hold up. I told him that the person must have a hard time hearing me with all of the noise. Our conversation from there went a little something like this:

JG: Why can't she hear? She not that old. (The girl seriously looked like she was 16, 17 tops)
Mom: No, she isn't old. Her hearing I am sure is fine.
JG: Well, maybe she is old. Maybe she is like 50.
Mom: JG, she is not 50. Wait a minute, how old do you think mommy is?
JG: Mom, you gotta be at least 86. Yeah, 86.

86, eh?. On a positive note, I finally did get the correct order because I taste my drink before driving away. Little man did not get coffee cake and I think I look pretty damn good for being born in 1921.

Comments

Karen said…
Thanks, Susan. I needed a touch of levity today, sitting here with my million boxes and broken pottery. You always make me smile. :-)
K~ said…
Hey Susan. I can get you the info on Sweden. Sorry it took me so long, I don't read to far back in my blog, too often. K~

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b