I have been decorating for two days, that's right TWO DAYS** and I don't even have the stinkin' tree up yet. That's tomorrow night's activity for the Schmidts.
My goal was to have everything done by the 1st of December and by God we are going to get it done. I have actually started a list of helpful hints for next year's decorating (I am not going to let it take up two days of my life next year if it kills me). Here's the list so far:
- Unpack one tub at a time. DO NOT unpack everything at once. That is how we ended up with two wise men instead of three.
- If the garland is tangled into one large ball, DO NOT try to untangle after two glasses of wine. Step away and try it again in the morning.
- DO NOT purchase any more holiday towels, we have enough to last until we retire in 2025. Don't use tissue paper to wrap items in tubs, use one of the many towels.
- If a 4 year old tells you the garland is even, get a second opinion. The fact he said, "Even what?" should have been a clue.
- Try not to laugh out loud when children believe the 12" decorative tree is our "real tree". I believe the phrase, "Man this stinks" was uttered by little man.
- DO NOT ask the home office's opinion of how things look unless you want an honest answer.
**Disclaimer - With regard to the two day thing I have a couple of things to share just to make sure that you don't think I completely challenged. #1 - I have been sick, finally went to Urgent Care today, feeling better after antibiotic. #2 - The little elf helping me is 4 - enough said. He is a pretty cute little elf though, however takes frequent breaks to dress the dog up in holiday garb and make phone calls to people we don't know.