Skip to main content

Hello again...Hello

Now I have that stupid Lionel Richie song in my head -

So, how is everyone in Blogland? I have really fallen off the face of the Earth the past few weeks. Think that it is I am completely full up with everything else that life is throwing at us right now and just have nothing left to say by the end of the day.

We finally had our first low key weekend at home in months. It is our brief respite before Spring basketball and hockey go into full swing. AE and I went to watch, imagine this...basketball. Her friends were all playing at Maple Grove HS this weekend and then Dan and I had the opportunity to clean the garage.

We managed to complete the task without a fight (small miracle). He did at one point tell me to get out of his space, if I recall, the quote was, "You have the rest of the house - in fact you took over the last spot that was mine (the basement), so now this is all I have (the garage) and here you are." I believe that is when the door fell off the cabinet and he was distracted and didn't kick me out.

Here are some highlights of the past few weeks:

- AE & I traveled to KS and back with her AAU team, 5 girls in a mini-van for 14 hours makes you really, really tired. They played great and had fun at KU.

- JG had his Mite Nite for hockey - he decided to be "The Shark" vs. "The Gravedigger". He's already chosen his moniker for next year, however do not know if it is going to fly. He wants to be:

Joe "The Bull" Schmidt

Don't think bull and Schmidt should be in the same sentence for the same reason I didn't name little man Jack (even though I love the name).

- AE and I hosted mother/daughter book club. All went well and Dan was not compared to a dictator.

Will make an effort to post more, that way my mom and dad can keep up and know that we are still kicking at the Schmidt house.

Comments

Karen said…
So glad you're back!

I will be laughing allllll day about Joe "The Bull" Schmidt.
bobbione8y said…
yeah! thank goodness facebook let's me know to look at your blog :)

i am sort of laughing at jack schmidt. and kind of relieved :)
carey said…
oh, i did miss you! can't wait to see you in person next month.
Karen said…
I made the mistake of reading this post to the fam.

Jack Schmidt is already in common usage over here.

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma