Skip to main content

Seriously

I don't know what is wrong with me and what I really have against this whole blogging thing now - I have become a fair weather blogger and deep down I hate it because there are so many things going on I would like documented.

Summer is upon us and I feel completely and utterly unprepared. Case in point, we do NOT have childcare next week since the Kidstop does not start until 6/15. Dan and I actually spoke about this on Thursday and realized that we didn't have it covered. Thank goodness for grandparents! My mom and Dan's folks are going to be here during the week to help out. THANK YOU GRANDPARENTS!

Then Dan leaves on Thursday a.m. for his annual golf weekend with 7 of his friends. The kids and I have to head to Des Moines Friday because AE plays at 6:00 pm Friday night in the Midwest Bash. Then Mimi has to go to Auntie Shirley's house for a night with her cousin dogs. Then my sister and family will be there Saturday night with 5 dogs. By Sunday at 9:00 pm our family will be back together under the same roof.

This is seriously how life has been the past six months, like you are on one of those spinny rides at the fair and if you look around for even a split second you will suddenly feel like you are going to throw up. That is our life. I know that everyone's lives are going at the same pace, but there are moments that I would love to pack up everything and move to the middle of Wyoming - maybe Thermopolis and let the world go on around us.

Comments

bobbione8y said…
well, i am glad you are still here, fair weather or not :)
Karen said…
I KNOW.

All the same, I've missed you.

Here's hoping you don't throw up.

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma