Skip to main content

Chipmunks to Winnebagos - all in a day with little man

JG was on a roll today from the moment he got up. The day started with AE crying because her brother and dog had trapped a poor, little chipmunk in the drain spout. I went downstairs to find Mimi on one end and JG on the other armed with his trusty hockey stick ready for action. I had to literally pull both of them away.

The hits just kept on coming.

8:55 a.m. - JG asks if it is a bad thing to hit a wasp nest with a hockey stick. The answer was, "Yes, it is a very bad thing. Why?" The 5 year old answered with "I not know, just wondering."

9:40 a.m. - JG informs Dr. Nash (Dr. Luigi Uff-da as JG calls him since JG thinks Dr. Nash looks like Mario's brother Luigi) he is having a bad hair day. They then have a long conversation about flying squirrels and other rodents.

11:30 a.m. - Went to IKEA to pick up a few things. JG went to the play area before having his favoritest meal in the world MEATBALLS! While leaving the play area after watching Mary Poppins JG informs the woman that he had fun, but "my dad says that Mary Poppins lady is really messed up."

For some reason the home office has big issues with Mary Poppins or maybe it is a Julie Andrews complex. I saw this on YouTube awhile ago and just couldn't resist, maybe this is what he saw as a child, if that is the case I can see why he is messed up:

12:00 p.m. - JG declares french fries covered in gravy then dipped in ketchup are the best food ever made.

2:30 p.m. - While at Lowes JG lets the woman pushing her cart in front of us that she needs to get out of the way because he is a bad driver, but his "mom is way badder."

3:30 p.m. - After trashing the play closet and dumping literally everything on the ground JG declares, "Mommy, you really need to clean this place up cause I can't find anything."

4:45 p.m. - JG loses another bug, this time a ladybug. He tells mom, "it's ok, my ladybug needed to go to have a life of her own."

7:10 p.m. - AE informs mom she would like a pink convertible for her first car. JG says, "that's dumb. I want one of those big houses you drive around in (a Winnebago) for my car cause I want to have lots of parties." AE tells JG no one will want to date him if he drives around in a Winnebago, JG says, "I not care. Mom will go with me. Oh yeah, and my five dogs."

Comments

carey said…
I really really think it's a good idea that our youngest kids live a state apart. they could do some serious damage together.
Karen said…
And I have a nine-year old who would love to be the ring leader. I shudder to think what he could do with such willing minions...we could make some margaritas, sit back and enjoy the show.
Chris said…
That kid is the man!

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b

What's your playlist?

Over the holidays I began the task of cleaning out my iPod. Some of the music I am proud to say I listen to and then there are the cringe worthy tunes I am too embarrassed to admit. In all there are 2,789 songs on my iPod (down from 3,643). I am amazed, how could I possibly listen to or know nearly 4,000 songs? Obviously the iPod has taken on a life of its own. While scrolling through the bazillion songs I began to think about all of these Celebrity playlists out on iTunes which are supposed to define who the person is in song and how the music shaped their lives. Some of the lists are lame and try to make the person sound more interesting and deeper than who they really are. Other lists have introduced me to music I would have never listened to before which I love, plus they sometimes give you a glimpse to moments in their lives. I am going to give my non-celebrity, hopefully non-lame playlist a shot. Thanks for letting me indulge. Here is my life (so far) in song: Dancing Queen - AB