Skip to main content

May as well bring Sanjaya back

Yet again I have completely lost all interest in American Idol right before the final week. Like last year when Chris Daughtry was kicked to curb and settled for fourth, Melinda will have to live with being third. You know though, it is almost better to not win anymore, I mean look at Taylor Hicks, he is sure burning up the charts.

I will buy Melinda's album when it comes out because she can sing and she like Chris will be all the better for not having to fit the Idol mold.

So, will it be Blake or Jordin? AE, like every other nine year old in America, is completely thrilled with the showdown. She L-O-V-E-S Jordin and we will more than likely be voting over and over again for the teenager.

We Schmidts will watch the finale, but my friend Luci, my aunt Shirley and I, along with all the other people in America who appreciate good music, will know deep down the best singer won't be the winner - again.

Comments

bobbione8y said…
Chris Daughtry is coming to SF this summer.

$35 bucks a pop, but i just HAVE to go see him :)

taylor who?
Anonymous said…
I LOVE Melinda!!! I was so bummed last night when she got the boot. Even LA was disappointed (so I popped Tina Turner's "Nutbush City Limits" in the CD player and we danced our sorrows away). Think I might actually skip watching next week. Poo.

Luci

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

What's your playlist?

Over the holidays I began the task of cleaning out my iPod. Some of the music I am proud to say I listen to and then there are the cringe worthy tunes I am too embarrassed to admit. In all there are 2,789 songs on my iPod (down from 3,643). I am amazed, how could I possibly listen to or know nearly 4,000 songs? Obviously the iPod has taken on a life of its own. While scrolling through the bazillion songs I began to think about all of these Celebrity playlists out on iTunes which are supposed to define who the person is in song and how the music shaped their lives. Some of the lists are lame and try to make the person sound more interesting and deeper than who they really are. Other lists have introduced me to music I would have never listened to before which I love, plus they sometimes give you a glimpse to moments in their lives. I am going to give my non-celebrity, hopefully non-lame playlist a shot. Thanks for letting me indulge. Here is my life (so far) in song: Dancing Queen - AB