Skip to main content

And a good time was had by all

We hosted AE's 9th birthday sleepover this weekend. Seven friends arrived Saturday night when the snow was beginning to fly, by the time they left on Sunday a.m. we had over a foot of snow. The girls were completely oblivious there was a storm going on outside because they were giggling, dancing, eating and playing.

They had a great time having their caricatures done. Each of the girls chose their favorite activity, we had lots of soccer, basketball, ballet and swimming. We even had time for a group portrait.

All of the party goers are really very sweet little girls. I love this age, they are really showing their personalities, which are so funny. We didn't have one spat or tear shed (amazing considering they didn't get to sleep until after 2:30 a.m) - just lots and lots of fun.

Comments

Karen said…
You are a brave, brave woman. How did you come up with the caricature idea? Brilliant.
bobbione8y said…
okay, that looks fun. the carcatures are GREAT!

and yes, that age is wonderful. they all remind me of my little J that i am mentoring :)

wow. good mom moment, susan.
carey said…
looks like wayyyyyy more fun than chuck e. cheese, which is where i'll be spending my time on friday night for big j's 6th birthday.

Popular posts from this blog

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b...

Wild world

This past week or so has been a blur - We went to Iowa for a tournament - girls did fine - think that they got 3rd overall. Will meet up with the teams again when we go to Kansas in March. Got home from Des Moines @ 6pm Sunday, was at the airport by 8am Monday. Off to Kansas City for a training class, actually am really excited to be selected for this, it is "High Performing Managers" and there are only 15 people per class. I about choked the first day when they said that the company is making an investment in us - $15K each. I think that is more than I spent on my entire college education - wow. Got home Thursday @ 10:30pm went to work Friday, and then had a busy weekend. By Monday thought I was seriously having an aneurysm - ALL last week felt like someone was trying to put a stake through the back of my head and really couldn't focus at all. Think that the plane ride back to MN did me in. So went to Dr. who scheduled a MRI for yesterday a.m. Really kinda scared me to t...

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma...