Skip to main content

How did it get to be November already?

OK where did October go?

Seriously, it feels like yesterday was September and the kids were starting school - little man, was just getting into the swing of daycare and then BAM - November, turkey is just around the corner.

This past week has been busy - which is obvious by my lack of blogging - I enjoy it so, however just don't seem to be able to fit the time in except for right now at 4:25 a.m. because I can't sleep because I am stressing about work.

How can you stress about a contract job? Well, leave it to me to figure that one out - I forgot to book my travel for Omaha (actually York, NE) and remembered in the middle of the night.

I guess when you are a contractor you become your own travel agent as well.

My forgetfulness left me with a longer drive - Omaha to York vs. Lincoln to York - the Hampton Inn in York, NE population 8,081 and a Chevy Cobalt car to drive the 106.52 miles from Omaha to York, NE home of the Nebraska Correctional Institute for Women.

I forgot the life of an agricultural "employee", I get to drive around with a Farm Marketer for a few days while they set up grain contracts with farmers so I can document their job and what processes would make their lives easier with a new system to track their sales calls. It should be interesting - always is - the best part I am sure will be the stories, which you know I will share upon my return.

Oh, guess what? Next stop may be Southern Illinois or Sioux Falls? Hear that girls? I may be able to meet for lunch and meet up with my blogging buddies.

Carey - if I do come I will bring you cookies. I have been trying to fit in baking a couple dozen to send to Montrose, SD as a surprise - however, have not been able to find the time nor the recipe.
You know what would maybe be even better? Having a sleepover and baking cookies at your house!

Comments

Anonymous said…
York's not so bad...Just steer clear of that place on the south side of Hastings (birthplace of Kool-aid) and get ready to eat iceberg salads at some place that has wagon wheel tables (One of the BASF guys took Cheryl and I there. Hilarious). Have fun, my dear...I can't wait to hear the stories!

nik
bobbione8y said…
omg!!!

THAT kind of job sounds so much better than sitting in a cubicle with the IT guys :)

come to SF! how great would that be!


are your kids gonna be okay without you?
Karen said…
Oh, Susan, how we miss you! I was checking in to tell you that you were going to have to quit your job b/c of the lack of blogging time. Imagine my surprise when I found this post! Since you're bound to have great stories from the road, I guess we'll let you keep the job. For now.

Funny, iceberg salads are something I equate with SD..
carey said…
Yes!! Come have a sleepover. Cookies and, in honor of Karen, margaritas. DeAnn and Rani and Bobbi can come over...oh, see. Now you got me all excited.

If Karen booked a flight, she could cook us all dinner. :)
Susan said…
I will let you know what happens, I am off to Port Cargill tomorrow. I know it sounds really cool - like Port Orleans @ Walt Disney World.

It's not that sexy - more like a grain elevator in Savage, MN on the Minnesota River...

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b