Skip to main content

the world really is flat.

I need to start this post with the following:

DAUGHTER OF MINE IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOU NEED TO STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND QUIT READING ANY FURTHER - THANKS, MOM

Xmas is coming and AE has a pretty short Xmas list - she really, really, really wants an iPod Nano - green to be exact.

She said her life will be complete if she receives this from her loving parents, or Santa.

On Black Friday while my lovely sister was out fighting the crowds for JG's perfect gift - thanks again Amy!!! - I went online and ordered up AE's dream gift in less than 5 minutes with no lines involved.

I logged on tonight to take a look at shipping progress and Dan and I were shocked. The new Nano will be the most traveled member of our household this holiday -

it is traveling more than half way across the world for our little girl -

SHENZHEN CN to LANTAU ISLAND HK to ANCHORAGE AK to...the Schmidt house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b