Skip to main content

What is the deal?

For the first time in my life I am going to send an email to all of the local television stations here in the Twin Cities. Why? Because my children are having nightmares from commercials showing the latest horror flick of the day. There are so many of them out now it is ridiculous. I think I have told the kids to look away at least four times today because the Saw III spot is on.

I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but showing people being tortured during a commercial break at 5:14 p.m. has made me mad. You try so hard to police what the kids see, but when they are watching a basketball game and a guy with a mask on that even scares me it is time to say enough.

Comments

Karen said…
GOOD FOR YOU!! I have been frightened by the very same commercial. What is WRONG with these people???
carey said…
You go Susan. And what's with all the cartoons that say "stupid" "idiot" and "shut up?" Don't the Jimmy Neutron writers know that those are naughty words? Sheesh.
Karen said…
Cartoons are not for children, I'm convinced of it. I AM going to cancel cable after the game next weekend. Why do I need to pay $40 a month when I'm doing such a fine job of corrupting my kid myself??
bobbione8y said…
okay, don't know what this commercial is, but i am TURNING THE TV OFF if it comes on! and i don't have kids!

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

What's your playlist?

Over the holidays I began the task of cleaning out my iPod. Some of the music I am proud to say I listen to and then there are the cringe worthy tunes I am too embarrassed to admit. In all there are 2,789 songs on my iPod (down from 3,643). I am amazed, how could I possibly listen to or know nearly 4,000 songs? Obviously the iPod has taken on a life of its own. While scrolling through the bazillion songs I began to think about all of these Celebrity playlists out on iTunes which are supposed to define who the person is in song and how the music shaped their lives. Some of the lists are lame and try to make the person sound more interesting and deeper than who they really are. Other lists have introduced me to music I would have never listened to before which I love, plus they sometimes give you a glimpse to moments in their lives. I am going to give my non-celebrity, hopefully non-lame playlist a shot. Thanks for letting me indulge. Here is my life (so far) in song: Dancing Queen - AB