Skip to main content

Z is like for Zodiac

Shelly and I went to the movie Zodiac last night. The theater was nearly packed with mostly men and couples, so it was a bit obvious when two teenage girls talking on cell phones walked into the movie 20 minutes late.

Shelly turned to me, "Why would you even come to a movie like this if you are 20 minutes late?"

I agreed especially since they had already missed the first victims meeting their demise and the opening which told the viewer this was a true story. You just had to know they were going to be lost the rest of the movie, plus the only reason they were probably there was to see Jake Gyllenhaal.

The movie was very good, one of the best I have seen since The Departed, I read the book and the prime suspect was much creepier on the screen than I imagined in real life.

At the end of the movie, Shelly stopped by the ladies room and I waited outside. The two teenage girls we saw walk in late also went to the ladies room with cell phones glued to their ears already. At our theater the doorway is open so you can hear everything going on inside of the facilities. When the girls entered the bathroom they ran into an acquaintance.

"Oh, my God. How are you?" High pitch screaming followed. "What did you just see?"

"Zodiac," the acquaintance answered.

"Oh, my God. So did we. That was the dumbest movie I have ever seen in my life. It was like so crap," she exclaimed. "I thought the ending was the #*&$(*%@ stupidest ever."

Shelly walked out of the bathroom shaking her head. We looked at each other in disbelief these girls could be so clueless to share their stupidity and movie review with the entire ladies room.

But, she wasn't finished, "I wanted them to like catch the guy. I don't know why they didn't end it that way. It was so stupid"

Well, that would be because it was a true story and in "real life" they didn't catch the Zodiac.

Comments

Unknown said…
ooooooh I want to see this one. I am such a sucker for scary...
K~ said…
I absolutley LOVE to be a overhearing party to such rich interchange!! I thrive on little situations that pop up in life. I remember on our trip to the black hill last summer, the MOST BORING conversation I have every had to over hear in the bathroom, between 2 older ladies. It was amazingly notable for it's boring content and timing. K~
K~ said…
by the way, I am a friend of Bobbi's, just so you know I got to your blog in a normal route!. Love your blog! K~
Karen said…
Hey! What's up with the blog switch-up? I read this, in a totally different format, late last night.

I think I like this one better, but maybe b/c I'm more used to it.

I don't like scary movies, but Drew and Hugh were sweet and cute in Music and Lyrics last night...
Susan said…
Karen- I didn't think anyone would be on last night. I am trying to learn how to edit the HTML code for Blog templates. I was just trying it out with someone else's design. I don't know if I was meant to be a programmer. I am going to get a book "Blogging for Dummies".
bobbione8y said…
i saw it too :)) he he.

we all need to admit our blog obsession.
Karen said…
Is there a 10-step program for blog addicts??
DeAnn said…
Hey! you know I rely on your for my next movie to see. I am usually a little behind on the movie scene but love to hear your input on the new ones. We have date night this weekend, maybe we'll go check this one out! Love that photobucket you have on your page! Being a photo junkie, I'm going to try it out!

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

What's your playlist?

Over the holidays I began the task of cleaning out my iPod. Some of the music I am proud to say I listen to and then there are the cringe worthy tunes I am too embarrassed to admit. In all there are 2,789 songs on my iPod (down from 3,643). I am amazed, how could I possibly listen to or know nearly 4,000 songs? Obviously the iPod has taken on a life of its own. While scrolling through the bazillion songs I began to think about all of these Celebrity playlists out on iTunes which are supposed to define who the person is in song and how the music shaped their lives. Some of the lists are lame and try to make the person sound more interesting and deeper than who they really are. Other lists have introduced me to music I would have never listened to before which I love, plus they sometimes give you a glimpse to moments in their lives. I am going to give my non-celebrity, hopefully non-lame playlist a shot. Thanks for letting me indulge. Here is my life (so far) in song: Dancing Queen - AB