Skip to main content

The force is strong in this one

JG began his obsession with Star Wars at the age of three, one look at Yoda and the kid was hooked. It was actually quite embarrassing at first because he could not say Star Wars to save his life, it always came out as Star Whores. I have heard many of my friends say their children have had the same problem, however you feel like you are completely alone when you are standing in Toys R Us and your child spots Darth Vader garb and begins to yell "whores" at the top of his lungs. Eventually he added the Star to Whores so at least then people would kind of laugh instead of stand there in complete horror (no pun intended).

Today Star Wars came back into our lives full force thanks to my sister. She sent little man a "Force Field" button thing which plays the Imperial Death March (aka Darth Vader's theme) over and over again. If you would like here is a little snippet you can play in your own home so you can share in our joy of unending Darth.

My dad and I were talking today in between the "Force Field" symphony and got to laughing about little man and some of the silly Star Wars things he used to do.

One day JG was playing with Mia, our dog, when we first adopted her. JG was getting kind of rough with Mia and she was dishing it right back. I told him he needed to settle down otherwise the dog was going to knock him over.

He turned to me and said with complete seriousness, "Mommy it's ok she can't knock me down. I have my Jedi force field."

Just then Mia knocked little man to the ground. He was shocked and began to cry. I went over picked him up to make sure he was ok. I wiped his tears and told him he was going to be just fine.

He looked at me and said, "I'm ok mommy I not hurt. I just crying because my force field not work."

Comments

DeAnn said…
I love your stories! They really make me smile especially on a day when I needed it! Thank you! By the way, can't wait to see you. Until then, may the force be with you....
Karen said…
May the force be will ALL of you! Sure wish I could come, but, uh, I've got things to do here...

:-)

Popular posts from this blog

50 is the new 40

There is hope - I realized today that Madonna is going to be 50 in like 3 months - crazy. 50. Have you seen her lately? She looks amazing and is proof that 50 is the new 40 or in her case 35. Here is her most recent song w/Justin Timberlake, 4 Minutes. Not gonna win a Grammy, but makes me want to start doing yoga, I would give anything for arms like that.

Pleased as punch

We got our new vacuum cleaner last night. The home office was kind enough to pick one up along with our PF Chang's takeout. Take out Chinese on Valentine's is a tradition. Anyhoo, as you can see from the photo we basically sucked up an entire Pomeranian in our upstairs family room. I don't know if I should be embarrassed or pleased. I mean we just vacuumed on Monday with the Hoover and I knew it wasn't picking up everything, but this is ridiculous. The home office was so impressed with the Animal he went downstairs and vacuumed up another canine in the family room down there. I am still trying to figure out all of the gadgets on the machine. I seriously cannot figure out how to attach the stair cleaner. It is really funky how the thing is put together, efficient, but funky. I also for the life of me cannot figure out the directions. I dislike how all European companies, Dyson (UK), IKEA (Sweden) just show you pictures. I always thought I was a visual person, but I am b

Gainfully employed

I heard back last night from Cargill , I start back into the world of the gainfully employed as an independent contractor on October 8 th . My old client, who will now be my new client, Jeff wrote: I'm thrilled we get to work together again. This is the most important project our business unit has taken on in a lot of years so I feel a lot better knowing you're going to be part of it. OK now I'm nervous. Eeek - the most important project? Whoa, better bring the A game, but you know I am excited - scared - but am ready to go. I have so much to do before the 8 th , gotta get the list together to make the most of my kid free week (now that litte man is at daycare in the a.m.). Let's see: 1) Paint basement. 2) Purge house of clutter - how can we accumulate this much crap? 3) Goodwill and library drop off - Maple Grove Library is taking donations until Oct. 6 th !!! 4) Get the yard ready for winter - should I plant more bulbs? 5) Put basement back together - IKEA run ma